7/10/08

2nd letter (June 19, 2008)

excerpts from 2nd letter
It's my first p-day today! i really don't have as much time as i thought...
I can't believe it's already been a week. they have a saying here "the days seem like weeks and the weeks seem like days." it is so true.
I have had a bunch of spiritual experiences. let me tell you one that happened yesterday. in class we were talking about teaching with power rather than just teaching. so to learn how to teach with power my teacher Bro. Billings made us go outside and each a short version of lesson 1to random people. and he wanted us to do it with power. so as we were walking outside, i was trying to think of what to say to these people that i was about to talk to, but i couldn't think of anything. so elder green and i went out and we saw a teacher walking, so we stopped him ( i still had no idea what i was going to say).
anyway, elder green started off by sharing a little bit of the restoration, oh by the way the teacher we stopped looked really frustrated that we stopped him. so like i said elder green started and then when he was about done i was stressed because i still didn't know what to say. but elder green finished and it was my turn to talk. i was still stressing out but then i thought of something my teacher said. he said to teach with power we have to make sure we bare our testimony. so that's what i did, i started to bare my testimony about joseph smith and man, the spirit was so strong. as i was testifying the words just began to flow, it was so cool. the spirit was so strong that my eyes started to water up along with my comp's eyes and the teacher we were teaching. we all felt it, it was crazy.
it turns out that that guy was having a bad day and he told us this, "elders i was having a rough day until now, but hearing you elders teach made my day."

No comments: